Southdowns is one of the UK's leading independent and established firms of environmental consultants with specialist interests in acoustics, noise, vibration, dust, air quality management and assessment.
With a diverse portfolio of projects in both the public and private sectors and a track record of successful project delivery in the UK and overseas, the company's reputation is built on its staff integrity, technical knowledge and innovation, collaborative working and commitment to client service.
We are looking for a self-motivated, reliable and conscientious individual with a strong work ethic and relevant experience in professional service to work as the company's Administration Manager in the Lewes office.
Candidates should be resilient and able to provide support to company staff and clients in accordance with agreed timescales. They should have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, be used to working in a fast-paced environment and have an excellent attention to detail.
Candidates will be well organised and responsible for the supervision of an administrative assistant involved with the delivery of everyday office tasks. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to work across multiple platforms, including our business operating platform and various accreditation portals.
Principal accountabilities include:
- the supervision of an administrative assistant;
- management of facilities in Lewes and London offices;
- management and execution of other non-technical support services which are currently outsourced to specialist H&S, HR, IT, Financial and Marketing advisors; and
- provision of staff support to consultants and company directors.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- good practical, communication and IT skills;
- commitment to excellent customer service;
- ability to build rapport with company stakeholders;
- strong attention to detail;
- good time management skills;
- ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times with company, personnel and other sensitive business information; and
- previous experience in a similar role in professional services.
- competitive salary commensurate with previous training and experience;
- PMI and Healthcare;
- Private Pension;
- Life Assurance;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Negotiable Working Hours;
- Negotiable Annual Leave;
- Office based in the historic County Town of Lewes close to mainline station.
If interested please send a CV and cover letter in the first instance to Patrick Williams at email@example.com.
No recruiters please.