Southdowns has been appointed to provide construction noise and vibration consultancy services to the main Contractor responsible for implementing the upgrade of the Bond Street London Underground station.
Significant construction related challenges are involved in the delivery of the new sub surface infrastructure, scheduled to be completed in 6 years time. Works include:
- A new Tube station entrance on Marylebone Lane, on the north side of Oxford Street
- An expanded ticket hall to provide greater capacity
- New escalators serving the Jubilee line
- Lifts to provide step-free access from street to platform
- Interchange with Crossrail services within the station
As the scheme is being constructed under the powers of the Crossrail Act 2008, the construction noise and vibration management at the site will require consideration of noise and vibration from both surface based and sub-surface works, timely submission of Section 61 consent applications and close consultation with Westminster City Council, in accordance with the requirements and commitments of the Act.